This section is about the concept of carrier products in Ingrid Checkout and the way how to use them in Ingrid Merchant Platform.
What is a Carrier Product in Ingrid?
A Carrier product stands for a real carrier service offered by a Carrier company. There are over a 100 of integrated carrier products in Ingrid which you could use on the Delivery Checkout. To view the full list check Product integrations
Tip: a carrier product is something more specific than a carrier company. For example: UPS - is a package delivery company, and UPS Express Saver is a UPS's carrier product. Or DHL is a logistics company and DHL Freight Service Point is a carrier product.
Carrier products structure in Ingrid Platform
The current carrier products view in Ingrid Merchant platform hold the following information and settings:
- Carrier Logo
- Carrier Product Name - eg. DHL Express Worldwide
- Ingrid shipping_method identifier - eg. dhl-eww - it's an internal identifier (code) of this particular carrier product in Ingrid
- Delivery Type - DELIVERY, PICKUP, INSTORE or MAILBOX
- External method ID - representation of a product in a Merchants' systems. External method id is an identifier used in a Merchant's WMS or TMS to book a shipment with a right carrier product. Learn more in External Method ID
- Base price - defines the base price for a delivery with this carrier product.
- Price rules - is a set of conditions which define delivery price adjustments based on various parameters. Learn more in Price rules
- Carrier product filter rules - a set of conditions which control the fact whether a delivery option is shown or not shown on the Checkout. Read more in Filter rules
- Shipping date adjustment - is a setting to add a static change of the delivery time promise that will be presented to an end consumer. Learn more in Shipping date adjustment